Striking a healthy work-life balance is a difficult challenge for employers but all the more necessary to retain employees. Consider the Work-Life Grant under WorkPro to help you and your employees better manage work and family responsibilities.
How can we help?
We are 1 of the 29 MOM approved Work-Life Trainer AND Consultant. Here’s some ways our consultants and trainers can help with your transition to a better work-life balance in your company.
- Collaborative approach in designing suitable flexible work arrangements (FWAs), employee assistance and communication plan involving work-life team.
- Provision of processes and templates such as employee rostering system and daily work progress tracking systems.
- Formalisation of FWAs together with HR personnel – designing of leave scheme, performance tracking and career advancement for staff under FWAs
- Complementary performance coaching for work life ambassadors to successfully implement effective work-life culture
|Approved Consultant||Helps you with:
|Approved Trainer||Conducts training on:
The Work-Life Grant consists of 2 components:
- The Developmental Grant
- The Flexible Work Arrangement (FWA) Incentive
1. Developmental Grant
The Developmental Grant is a one-time grant of up to $40,000 per company to help you take steps towards implementing work-life strategies, particularly FWAs. It can also help to defray part of the developmental costs, e.g. for training, consultancy and infrastructure.
To be eligible for the Developmental Grant, you need to:
- Appoint a work-life ambassador from senior management to champion a work-life friendly workplace for your employees and to communicate the organisation’s work-life policies to your employees.
- Have at least one employee complete the work-life training course.
2. Flexible Work Arrange (FWA) Incentive
The FWA Incentive encourages you to support more employees on FWAs. FWAs recognized includes:
- Flexi-Time (report to work early and leave early, vice versa)
- Flexi-Place (work out of office 2 days per month)
- Part-time Work (work less than 35 hours per week)
|Amount||Up to $120,000 per company.|
|Disbursement||In tranches of up to $40,000 per year over 3 years.|
|Computation (yearly)||Based on the number of unique Singaporean employees utilising FWAs:
The total incentive disbursed depends on the percentage of employees utilising the FWAs:
|Utilisation rate for FWAs||Total incentive||Annual payment|
|At least 20%||Up to $75,000||Up to $25,000|
|At least 30%||Up to $120,000||Up to $40,000|
The incentive should be used to nurture and further workplace cultures that support better work-life harmony. To receive subsequent payouts, your company needs to sustain the work-life practices at your workplace.
In addition, you need to:
- Appoint a work-life ambassador from senior management to champion a work-life friendly workplace and communicate your organisation’s work-life policies to your employees.
- Have formalised 2 or more new FWAs in your HR policies and communicate them to your employees.
- Have no more than 6 in 10 employees on the same FWA type counting towards the 20% or 30% FWA utilisation requirement.