Course Outline :
1. Overview of Flexible Work Arrangement (FWAs)
• What is Work Life Balance and FWA
• Understanding the various type of FWAs
2. Work-Life Strategy and Integration
• Understand importance of work-life integration in 21st century economy
• Understanding of FWA, its purpose and goals for adopting FWA
• Changing mindsets on work-life harmony and the benefits among employees and
3. Role of Work-Life ambassador
• Eligibility and how to appoint a work-life ambassador
• Understanding roles and responsibilities of managers/ supervisors in work-life
• Documentation of work-life ambassador
4. Needs Analysis
• Assessing work-life needs (using existing HR records/ data, surveys, focus groups.
analyzing results, writing reports, etc.)
• Pratical sample of a needs analysis via employee survey
• Establishing expectations and performance standards.
5. Establish the scope and requirement of a FWA project
• Overview of 6 steps for implementing FWA
• Define the project goals, stages and steps required to implement FWA and related
• Developing policies, guidelines and processes.
6. Developing a FWA Implementation Plan
• To devise an implementation plan that is sustainable and suitable for workplace
culture, business goals, management style.
• Identifying and diagnosing FWA needs by seeking inputs from relevant
• Redesigning work to facilitate flexible work arrangements
7. Communicate and implement work life program
• Communication of Work-life strategies and integrtion plan to employees
• Pratical Sample of FWA Memorandum
• Sustainability of Work-Life strategies in HR policies
8. Piloting and Monitoring the FWAs & Refining Plan
• To learn the process involved in piloting a plan
• Develop a method to track and assess effectiveness to evaluate and refine pilot
• Review lessons learnt to refine for future FWA implementation
9. Evaluating FWA :
• Evaluation of performance management to support FWAs.
• Stakeholders Feedback
• Determine the key performance indicators for work-life programme.
• Role of organization, managers and employees in building trust and engagement.
• Critical success factors for implementing FWAs
• Develop a change in management strategy for successful FWA implementation.
• Reflection & Review