Striking a healthy work-life balance is a difficult challenge for employers but all the more necessary to retain employees. Consider the Work-Life Grant under WorkPro to help you and your employees better manage work and family responsibilities.
How can we help?
We are one of the 27 MOM approved Work-Life Trainer AND Consultant. Here are some ways our consultants and trainers can help with your transition to a better work-life balance in your company.
- A collaborative approach to designing suitable flexible work arrangements (FWAs), employee assistance and communication plan involving the work-life team.
- Provision of processes and templates such as employee rostering system and daily work progress tracking systems.
- The formalization of FWAs together with HR personnel – designing of leave scheme, performance tracking and career advancement for staff under FWAs
- Complimentary performance coaching for work-life ambassadors to successfully implement an effective work-life culture
As an effect from 31 March 2018, changes of Work-Life grant will be improved to Enhanced Work-Life Grant.
The Work-Life Grant consists of 2 components:
- The FWA Incentive (FI)
- Job Sharing Incentive for PMETs (JSI)
1. Flexible Work Arrange (FWA) Incentive
The FWA Incentive encourages you to support more employees on FWAs. FWAs recognized includes:
- Flexi-Time (report to work early and leave early, vice versa)
- Flexi-Place (work out of office 2 days per month)
- Part-time Work (work less than 35 hours per week)
|Amount||Up to $120,000 per company.|
|Disbursement||In tranches of up to $40,000 per year over 3 years.|
|Computation (yearly)||Based on the number of unique Singaporean employees utilising FWAs:
The total incentive disbursed depends on the percentage of employees utilizing the FWAs:
|Utilisation rate for FWAs||Total incentive||Annual payment|
|At least 20%||Up to $75,000||Up to $25,000|
|At least 30%||Up to $120,000||Up to $40,000|
The incentive should be used to nurture and further workplace cultures that support better work-life harmony. To receive subsequent payouts, your company needs to sustain the work-life practices at your workplace.
In addition, you need to:
- Appoint a work-life ambassador from senior management to champion a work-life friendly workplace and communicate your organization’s work-life policies to your employees.
- Have formalized 2 or more new FWAs in your HR policies and communicate them to your employees.
- Have no more than 6 in 10 employees on the same FWA type counting towards the 20% or 30% FWA utilization requirement.
Benefits of FWAs:
- Attract staff and allows talents for individuals to success
- Reduce absenteeism and slack activities amongst employees
- The more Productive environment within the work industry
e.g. Working at staggered hours
|$2,000 per employee||– Up to 35 employee claims per employer|
|FWA – Flexi – Place
|$2,000 per employee|
|FWA – Flexi-Load
e.g. Going on Part-time, or job sharing at RnF level
|$2,000 per employee|
|Job Sharing for PMET jobs
paying of $3600 and above for compensating employers with job sharing.
|$3,500 per employee||– Up to 10 employee claims per employer|
Considering Job Sharing under FWA Grant
Job sharing of which arrangements of more than one individual’s employees allow to share the job load, mainly targeting of different time slots of working which allows overlap to maintain continuity.